Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Darlings! Read me NOW!!!!

Darlings! Mummy is in Provincetown....( Massachusetts, for the totally "out-of-it" crowd!), and as many of you know, she has ALWAYS been a foodie! I ADORE great food!....well..Foodie Bulletin!!!! Run, DO NOT WALK to ENZO'S at 186 Commercial Street. The lovely manager, Jennifer White, and waiters like the suave Yves Lessard will make you feel right at home in the gorgeous dining rooms or out on their beautiful sidewalk terrace overlooking the handsome strollers making the scene on a balmy evening on the Cape. After watching all the freshly tanned boys, I was inspired to order the truly life-changing wild mushroom and lobster bisque...it was exactly the same shade of burnished copper as the boys, and it arrived in a chic white porcelain bowl that looked a lot like the barber's basin in MAN OF LA MANCHA. The (several!) chunks of lobster were sweet and tender, and the combination of mushroom and lobster was divinely tormenting!!!!....do I order three more servings, or proceed to the entree????? I decided on the sole piccata, a generous portion pan seared with lemons, capers, garlic and served on a lush pile of tangy (and refreshing!!!) fettucine done to perfection (al dente...my uncle's name was Al Dente!) and the best, best, BEST Swiss chard that I've had in.....well...too many years to repeat here!!!! The chard was so good....no, GREAT!..that it almost served as a dessert! Yes, dear, DESSERT!!! It was that scrumptious!! But after letting my tummy settle, I forced myself to have the most delightful, (and I'm sure, non-fattening!) slice of Key Lime Pie this side of the Mason Dixon. ENZO'S, Darlings....ENZO'S!!! Say it 30 times before you go to bed tonight...and have Yves bring you his favorite cocktail on the menu, the Ruby Red Dress Martini!!!! See you there, Mon Cher!!!! xoxo, Sybil!

No comments:

Post a Comment